This project provides technical assistance to the Project Management Office (PMO) in the Private Office of the President by consolidating the various technical assistance funding windows provided to the PMO, ensuring that a cohesive and strategic approach is adopted to design, implement and develop a monitoring, evaluation, reflection and learning (MERL) system for each of the components of the Employment Stimulus Package (ESP).
The primary purpose is to ensure implementation (and monitoring) of the Employment Stimulus Package in the 2020/2021 and the 2021/2022 financial year to broaden and scale up the ESP for the medium term.
The implementation process:
- Design and develop the optimal structure for the PMO to manage, oversee and monitor the ESP.
- Design and develop the optimal structure and departmental home for the components of the ESP, namely, the Social Employment Fund and to a lesser extent, the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI).
- Support the implementation of the ESP through agile, adaptive and iterative problem solving for the 2020/21 financial year, meeting the targets announced by the President on 15 October 2020.
- Oversee the design, development and costing the various interventions to deepen, broaden and scale up the ESP for the medium term.
- Design and develop a MERL tool to track implementation of the ESP in the short and medium term.
- Analyse the data from the MERL tool and develop dashboards.
- Develop content to ensure the information is accessible to implementers and citizens.
The dashboard enables users to access detailed information on the stimulus and to monitor its implementation.